Monday, October 11, 2010

Day 1 of teaching

So last Friday was my first real day of teaching. I have three schools; Schweitzer, Lac II and Achard. I have four classes of CP which means around Kindergarden to 1st grade, four of CE1 CE2 which is like 2nd and 3rd grade and one CM which is like 3rd and 4th grades.

I am astonished with what my CMs know though! I hope I can be as fun and as efficient as their last english teacher.
One of my CM students asked if Michael Jackson was cremated or buried but the word for cremate in French is incinerate. Oy! You would not believe how the French worship Michael Jackson.

The CPs are quite trying because they understand so little even in French let alone have the attention span for English.
I had another first day this morning with CPs. I felt like I was banging my head against the wall trying to get them to be quite for long enough to follow directions for the name tag project.

The other thing that had me beating my head against the wall was trying to schedule and reschedule where I was going to be. None of the numbers or emails I had be given worked in order to confirm!

It is definitely going to take some time to figure this all out...

No comments:

Post a Comment